Welcome!! :)

A warm welcome to this blog! :)
Please, feel free to leave a message: your genuine contribution is invaluable!

Thursday 18 October 2012

A blog like this... why?

This blog was born from the idea I had speaking with some friends while we were eating a gorgeous piece of cake (and I seize this opportunity to tell an ancestral truth: all best ideas come from eating cakes!!!! ^_^). Anyway, we were there, our mouths full of a delicious chocolate cream and some of them were complaining about job, boyfriends, parents, life in general. I heard comments like "People is so rude sometimes" or "I would like him not just focus on himself".  So, since I feel we have at least to try to find a solution when we have a problem, I asked smiling (a diabolic angel I would say..) : "What are you doing to solve the situation? What are you doing to understand people around you?".
The air litterally freezed.
"Me? What could I do?" - one of them replied. 
"There is nothing I can do to change them" - the other said. 

(..I am going to avoid describing my eyes launching fires and flames for this time.. )

Well.. this to say that a couple of hours later, once I felt myself more quiet, I took this opportunity to stop and reflect: "what do I do to understand people I share my life with?",  and above all: "What can I do to create a connection with people I meet everyday?

If it's true that a nice gesture produce a positive reaction (this video will explain it more than one thousand words: boomerang effect ), why shouldn't I make an attempt?

That's the idea: do something just for the pleasure to see somebody else smiling. Nothing acrobatic or expensive. Nothing elaborate. Just a tiny, simple act to say "I care".

So I started.. and results have been amazing so far, after just one day!!!

Stay tuned!!!

2 comments: